Thursday, January 2, 2014

A Faithful Family

A Faithful Family
Joann Darville

Through my eyes as a child:
            At the age of seven I was the oldest of five children.  It was then that my youngest brother Bert was born.  He was premature and very tiny.  Once he was brought home, my whole family prayed for him around his bassinet.             
            One morning I noticed that Bert had turned blue. It really scared me! He was raced to the hospital immediately.  While there, it was touch-and-go for several days.  I heard the priest tell my father that if my brother were to suddenly get worse before he could return, he (my father) could baptize him.  Even though I was a child, hearing this relieved me greatly! I then knew if my new little brother were to die, he would go to heaven. 
            A few weeks after Bert came home, he was able to be baptized in the church.

Through my eyes as an adult:

            Looking back at the influence of my faithful family, I now realize as an adult the impact it has had on me:  experiencing God's loving care, knowing the value of prayer, and having God utmost in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment