Thursday, January 2, 2014

God's Providential Care

God’s Providential Care
Rev. Sarah Bronos

            A couple of years ago after a wonderful healing mission with Pastor Sharon Lewis and her team from Amazing Love Healing Ministry, I was driving home.  It was fairly late at night, around 10:00 p.m., and I was tired.  Pastor Sharon and her team were following behind my car, as they were to stay at my house that evening.
            I stopped at a red light underneath an I-4 overpass waiting to turn left onto the ramp for the expressway.  As the light turned green, I looked behind me to make sure again that they were ready to follow. Then I moved into the intersection slowly so as not to lose them.  I briefly looked to my right at the traffic stopped at the light. Suddenly I realized that there was a car that was running the red light and rapidly approaching the intersection headed directly for my passenger side door.  I felt glued in place and could neither move nor react.  I don’t remember much of anything except the sound of the crash and a severe jolt to my car.  After my car stopped moving, I pulled forward a little onto the ramp and stopped as far off to the side as I could.  Pastor Sharon pulled up behind.  Shaking but unhurt, I got out to look at the damage. We had to look really hard to see any at all–there was no immediate sign of the impact. One of Pastor Sharon’s team said, “We all saw him coming right at you and then it seemed like your car was moved out of the way.” 

            Later, we discovered a small scratch on the rear right side of the back bumper.  I have never had the rear bumper repaired. This scratch is there as reminder to me of God’s providential care.

No comments:

Post a Comment