Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Awesome Power of God

The Awesome Power of God
Elizabeth Gardner

            Many of us have experienced profound times with God.  I want to share with you one such time I had years ago at a healing service at All Saints Church in Winter Park, Florida - before we had such services at the Church of the Good Shepherd in Maitland.
            Several years ago in June I found a lump in my left hand.  My orthopedic surgeon said it was a tumor that should be excised.  I didn't want to have the surgery since my hand would need to be in a cast for a period of time which would make my life difficult.
            My first thought was to go quietly to our chapel at Good Shepherd to seek God's guidance.  But I decided instead to go to All Saints on that next Wednesday when there would be Holy Eucharist coupled with a healing service. 
            While kneeling at the altar preparing to take communion, I looked down at my hands which formed a cross, ready to receive the sacred host.  Thoughts began to race in my mind.  "How much closer can I be to Jesus than at this moment?" I asked myself as I received the small piece of unleavened bread.  At that moment I was grateful that the piece of bread became Living Bread, wherein His mysteries entered time and space to strengthen and refresh my soul.  It was here that I asked for His healing.
            A couple of months passed by - and the tumor was still present.
            Then in August of that same summer, I suddenly realized the tumor had disappeared.  I was elated!  Though I had to wait, my loving Jesus had given me a special gift.  Many times in the past He had offered me His love and caring -- and now he had given me healing in my left hand.
            Jesus is so precious!  What He did for this child, He can do for you.
            Praise be to our Living Savior.  I have a heart full of thanksgiving.


No comments:

Post a Comment