Saturday, May 5, 2012

In God’s Time


Joann Darville
My father was in the hospital for a bipolar condition, while my mother was in a nursing home.  The hospital called to say that it was time for my father to go home.  I wasn’t at all sure I would be able to take care of him while working full time and having my family to take care of as well.   I was also going to the nursing home every night after work to help my mother with her dinner. 
On the night I had to bring my father home, it was too late to go to the nursing home to see my mother.  So the first thing the next morning, I took my father to visit her.  They hadn’t seen each other in over three weeks because of my father being hospitalized. 
When we got to the nursing home we found out that my mother had had a stroke.  She knew us but couldn’t speak.  Each day for the next week I was able to take my father to visit my mother.  Little did we know that would be our last week with her.  She passed away early the next Sunday morning. 
During that week when I was taking my father to visit her, I couldn’t see how I was going to be able to handle all of this.  The burden was great.  Through a lot of prayer, though, God gave me the strength.  
Over time, I have come to realize that this was part of God’s plan for me.  I know He carried me many days so I could keep things going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment