Monday, May 13, 2013

The Lord’s Joy


Louise Field
My longtime friend Roz, who lives in Illinois, was diagnosed three years ago with stage 4 lung cancer and also with a brain tumor. The brain tumor was removed with gamma knife surgery and hasn’t returned. The lung cancer was more difficult to deal with, so medical treatments continued. A large group of people were praying for her.

Several months ago while in my home in Florida, I was in meditative prayer for Roz. As I was praying, I felt a great joy pouring over me. It was very sudden and wonderful.

Shortly after this event I received her good news via e-mail. The medical report showed the cancer in one lung was gone, and the lesion in the other lung was miniscule.

Wanting to tell Roz in person about the joy I had received during my prayer for her, I waited a month when I saw her at a reunion of college friends in Memphis. I then related the joyful experience to Roz. She too was overcome. The spiritual joy we both felt not only gave us the assurance of the Lord’s blessing but also the consolation of hope.

Thanks be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment