Saturday, May 14, 2011

My Epiphany


By Dianna Bivins
            After coming to the Church of the Good Shepherd, I started to hear about the Lord healing us.  At first there was some doubt in my mind about that being true because of the way I had been brought up through the years. I have had to challenge those beliefs.
            One Sunday when Rev. Sarah asked if anyone wanted healing, I went up. I have had trouble with my lower back for some time now.  I hadn’t had relief, but something told me that God does heal.  My back did not get better, but something wonderful did occur.  It was at this time that I suddenly realized that God has healed me before; I was now able to see it.
            Almost ten years ago I was healed in so many ways.  It was not just physical. My whole life was transformed in a way that only God could be given the credit.  I came to realize just how He has used people with their gifts and talents to intercede in my life.  It was at a time when I was at my life’s lowest point.  I had suffered from years of abuse, drug and alcohol addiction, as well as failed marriages.  I didn’t know life could be any different.
            I was so desperate, depressed -- suffering from pitiful, incomprehensible demoralization. I cried out to God and the transformation -- the healing --started to take place. He put people in my life that enabled me to find Him again. He showed me how people used their talents and gifts of the Holy Spirit to help one another. It was these people who showed me another way to live and grow spiritually. They taught me to make God the most important relationship in my life.  He touched my heart and soul so I could feel his presence and know that He was there  -- never to leave me again.
            My life was lifted up in such a way that I now live a life I once only dreamed of.  I have been blessed beyond my wildest imagination. There can be only one explanation -- the gift of God’s healing.
            I may not know why my back hasn’t been healed, but I don’t worry about it any more.   I know the Lord works in so many different ways that I don’t understand.  If someone were to ever ask me again if I believe the Lord heals, I will be able to say, without a doubt, “Yes, he does.”

No comments:

Post a Comment