Thursday, May 12, 2011

Divine Intervention


By Joan May
            Years ago I wanted to fasten a mobile from a beam located on my cathedral ceiling.  I needed to put up a screw hook to mount it.  To do this, I used a ladder.  After climbing the ladder, I decided to put one foot on the ladder and my other foot on the top of a nearby wingback chair to position myself.  I was going to begin by making a small starter hole for the screw with a nail and hammer.  All of a sudden I realized that the ladder was sliding away.  I knew I was going to fall.  My next awareness was of my rolling out of the wingback chair as light as a feather with the hammer still in my hand. Nothing on me was broken or bruised. 
            I felt I was not supposed to know what actually took place. It was instead divine intervention.  I feel I was saved by the grace of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment