Thursday, July 2, 2015

A Warm Feeling

A Warm Feeling

Thomas W. Hubbell

  

In July of 2003, I entered the University of Florida's College of Medicine to have a cardiovascular study. After the work up was completed, the doctors informed me that I had plaque disease and would need to have surgery. They told me the risk of it being unsuccessful was about 9%. Though not a high risk, I was still very anxious about having the procedure. Once the doctor and my wife left my hospital room, I was alone and had time to think. "If I take my meds, eat well, and work out, perhaps I can fix this problem on my own." At that time a VERY warm feeling came over me, and I felt as though God was holding me. I felt reassured that I should go ahead with the surgery - and that I would be protected by Him.

Right after surgery while I was in recovery, they told me it had gone well, and I had to have four heart bypasses. I was then moved to the Intensive Care Unit. While there, an unqualified attendant dropped me as he was putting me into a chair. After he left the room, I noticed the two drains in my chest had partially pulled out, and I was bleeding. I panicked, because there was no one around to help me. I thought, "Boy! Oh Boy! What to do now?" Suddenly these words came to me, "PUT THEM BACK IN!!" Another incredibly WARM FEELING came over me! I followed the instructions. The bleeding stopped, and I went back to sleep.

Later when the nurse came in, she told me I had done just the right thing.

I have no doubt that the Lord was protecting and guiding me through His Holy Spirit. I have never forgotten the special warmth I felt during these two experiences, and the remembrance of them will always reassure me of His presence!

No comments:

Post a Comment