Friday, September 16, 2016

His Protection

His Protection
Mary Brinson

            Years ago, my husband and I lived in Louisiana.  After serving four years in the US Marines, including a tour of duty in Vietnam, we were then in Louisiana because he was a full time college student there.
            When our son was only two years old, I took him with me to Atlanta, Georgia, to attend my youngest brother's college graduation. I had packed only enough clothing for the weekend. As we prepared to catch our flight back to Louisiana after the commencement activities, my mother insisted on taking my son home with her to North Carolina. Although I explained that he only had enough clothing for the weekend, she replied, "I'll buy him more." Her urgency to take him with her was unexplainable, but eventually I relented.      
            Several weeks after my return, a friend and her toddler came to visit us at our home. Suddenly without warning, the sky on that summer afternoon became very dark. The wind howled with a volume that was unfamiliar to me. With a very intense voice, I said to my friend, "Take your baby and please leave!"
            My friend had not been gone more than 10 minutes when a tornado touched down on us. It totally destroyed our home and all of its contents. Amazingly, although our home was reduced to just a pile of rubbish, my husband and I survived with just the clothes on our back. I feel it was God's direction telling me to emphatically insist that my friend leave. I also came to realize afterwards, with certainty, that my mom's insistence on taking my child was no coincidence.

            I have no doubt it was God's infinite power that protected us!

No comments:

Post a Comment