Friday, June 29, 2018

Divine Interactions



Divine Interactions
Sandra Costin

            I love to reflect on how God interacts in our lives.  In so many ways He shows His loves for us, and that He cares for every aspect of our lives.
            My husband Dick and I live in an apartment complex at Canterbury Retreat Center. One month we received a very high water bill. It was obvious that there was a leaky, underground pipe.  The repairmen searched and dug for several days but to no avail.  As my husband, Deacon Dick, was leaving for the clergy conference, he stopped with the workers and prayed, “Dear Lord, please help these men find the leak.”  Before Dick was even able to get into his car, the leak was discovered!  Shortly, thereafter, it was fixed.  This was a sure example of the scripture that says, “Ask and you will receive.”  (Matt 7:7)
            The Lord also has intervened dramatically in my own life.  We live on a very busy six-lane state road in Oviedo, Florida – Highway 434.  Directly across that highway, there are many shops and restaurants where I like to go.  One day I decided to make a five-minute walk across this road which almost ended in disaster.  After checking for traffic and seeing no cars, I started to cross.  After crossing the first two lanes, I suddenly felt as if I had literally hit a wall – I could not move.  I tried to take a step, but my feet would not work. I looked up, and out of nowhere a car zoomed by in lane three – right in front of me.  I had no idea where it had come from - all the lanes were perfectly clear when I started crossing.  Immediately I was aware that God had protected me from danger.
Another God moment happened to me on a beautiful day at the beach. While I was walking alone near the shore, a memory from my childhood surfaced from deep within me. This was a special memory - one that had a healing effect on me.  As my tears started to fall, I stopped and prayed, “Oh God, if I only had a pen…”  At that exact moment something in the surf hit my foot.  Yes, you may have guessed, it was a PEN.  Now I know what you are wondering, “Did it write?”  No, it did not.  However, I realized once again how God is in tune with our smallest desires. 
Our God is truly awesome!  He knows every intimate thought and delights in surprising us in unexpected ways to let us know He is there.  He is our everlasting defender – “our very present help in trouble.(Ps 46:1)  Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment