Friday, June 15, 2018

Being There



Being There
Sue  Steward

A Vision
When my husband and I were raising our four small children, times were difficult.  Being a carpenter and living in Minnesota, my husband was only employed during the warmer months of the year.  When he didn’t have work, I would always find a second job to make ends meet.  During this time, I searched for security in my life.
At this stage of my life I did a lot of church hopping.  I wanted to find a place where I could really feel the presence of God.  One Sunday, while worshipping and praying with a congregation of believers that met in an old country school, I closed my eyes and raised my hands in praise.  After a moment, the room filled with warmth and light.  An unbelievable feeling came over me!  In my mind’s eye, I could see a large hand come into that light and wrap around me.  The experience gave me the secure feeling I had been longing for.    I knew then that everything was going to be all right.  The Lord gave me that assurance!

Answered Prayer
Later in life, I became an LPN, which I felt to be my calling.  There were many occasions when I and my nursing friends were able to gather around those patients in need of prayer.  There were even instances when we would baptize an infant if time made it imperative.  How joyful it was to be able to share my faith with others! 
On one occasion a man was told by his doctor that he had cancer in his leg which would require surgery.  During the surgery, a biopsy was to be done to confirm the diagnosis.  If it proved to be positive, he was told his leg would have to be amputated.  As I cared for him before surgery, I called in another nurse who was also a believer, and we laid hands on him.  When he returned from surgery that afternoon, he returned with his leg.  No cancer was found to be present.  Our prayer had been answered!  Thanks be to God!
I know that my mission as a nurse was to be where God needed me.  My relationship with Him and His presence in my life makes my life complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment