Friday, July 13, 2018

Making Connections



Making Connections
Jeanne Graham / Ann Cooper

I (Jeanne Graham) received a copy of Magnify the Living Lord- Volume 7- a publication containing testimonies by individuals telling of ways they have been personally touched by the Lord's hand.  It was compiled at my church, The Church of the Good Shepherd in Maitland, Florida. While reading it, I noticed one of the writers was Ann Cooper.  Many years ago I had a dear friend by that name.  Could it be?  After losing contact with her for over 25 years, could I once again be finding her?  I called Joy Sutton, the compiler, and we determined that indeed she was my friend!  Joy told me that Ann had moved from Florida to Tennessee to live near her daughter.  I was absolutely delighted to find out Joy had her phone number!
I called.  How marvelous it was to hear Ann's voice once again!  As we talked and caught up on our lives, we discovered that for years both of us have struggled with an eye condition which had made it almost impossible for each of us to see.  The renewal of our friendship is truly a blessing for me!
            I (Ann Cooper) was ELATED when Jeanne called me! I'm so glad to be back in touch with her!  As a result of talking with her, a really great thing has happened.  When we talked about our eyesight, Jeanne told me about a lighted magnifying device that was making it so much easier for her to read.  I had never heard about this device. My daughter found one online, but it was way too expensive for me.  However, she was able to also find a used one that cost only a fraction of that amount.  My daughter ordered it, and NOW I can read again!   My reconnection with Jeanne as well my discovering this device have truly been blessings for me.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment