Friday, September 9, 2016

His Mysterious Ways

His Mysterious Ways
Nicki Ridenour

            A little boy once said," My mommy always comes when I call her in the middle of the night. She doesn't always come right away, but she always comes." I have begun to
increasingly think of God in that way. Actually, God often comes even before I remember to call upon Him. And He sometimes responds when I am not even aware of a danger or a need.
            This year in the midst of having financial stress and strain, my BiPAP machine,
which I use to help me to breath at night, was damaged due to an accident involving
a great deal of water. Since this had happened once before, I knew that the repair
cost was $640.00. Insurance had paid most of it the first time, but I knew they wouldn't
pay a second time. This second occurrence happened right before Christmas. What was I
going to do?
            While trying to figure that out, I got a text from my husband's cousin and his wife. They asked if I had received their Christmas card. I thought this was odd; I never call to ask people if they've gotten my Christmas card. Since I hadn't gone to get the mail yet that day, I didn't answer. Later that day when I did retrieve their card from our mailbox, I forgot about their earlier text message. I put the mail aside to be opened later.
            That evening I got a phone call from them, asking the same question. While still on the phone with them, I opened their card. Inside was a note which said, "We got a refund for a car repair, and we thought we would share it with you." There was a check enclosed. For how much?  $638.00!!!  Amazingly, they had no prior knowledge of my BiPAP delimma.
            Is this a God story or what?! As you can well imagine, I was giddy with surprise and delight - my giddiness must have gone on for ten minutes. I shed tears of gratitude
for their gift and for the God who orchestrated it. I am sure that God was behind it all, and they agreed.
            Opening the card in their "presence" was also a gift since we were all able share firsthand my joy and thankfulness. A true blessing from God!

            Thank you, Lord! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment